Introduction to Travel Prize Scams:
When it comes to travel, most of us would have several expectations like a beach destination or trekking in the mountains, or chilling on a staycation. Unfortunately, many people continue to get scammed while arranging for their dream travel destination. Travel Prize scams are clever moves by scammers to steal the money of innocent customers in the name of a discounted holiday package or a free travel package. Despite this type of scam seeming very obvious, many innocent people fall for it every day due to the psychological pressure and other tricks that are used by the scammers. If you find this article on travel prize scams helpful, make sure to share it with your loved ones. If you have been scammed by any such travel scams, do not hesitate to report them to us. We will assess your complaint and reply with the possible solutions for fund recovery.
How does a Travel Prize Scam work?
While looking for a holiday package, we do quite some research regarding the place to stay and transport available, etc. When we click on certain links, the websites ask for our permission to send us further notifications on our phones. Most people unknowingly allow these websites to send them notifications. Soon after, a call or SMS arrives on your phone claiming that you have won the lucky draw or a lottery. They will further state that the prize is an all-expense paid travel package to the destination of your choice. These packages might be worth thousands of dollars and that makes them even more irresistible. At the end of the message, they will give you a contact number to call if you want the offer. When you are all on the number, the scammers will pretend to be from a legitimate company and trick you into giving them your credit card details.
Another way by which these scammers attack innocent victims is through spin the wheel contests and lucky draws on the internet. When the victim participates in such a challenge, the scammers are notified. Soon after, the victim receives a call stating the big travel prize waiting for them in exchange for a little money. In some cases, the scammers will take money in the name of shipping charges for the tickets and goodies only to know later that these so claimed goodies or the tickets never arrive.
How to Avoid Travel Prize Scams?
- Immediately cut the call if you are contacted by a person stating you have won a prize in a contest you do not remember signing up for.
- If the payment is requested through uncommon ways such as wire transfer or gift cards, steer clear of the scam.
- The person on the call will not give you much information about their company besides a contact number or so.
How can you Protect Yourself from such scams?
- You must only pay through common methods such as credit cards that have security.
- If booking through a third party, you must cross-check with the direct supplier about all the transactions and booking taking place.
- Research about the third-party supplier properly before giving them your hard-earned money.
- Report to authorities, if you suspect a scam.
To read more about Scam Brokers and their Review, Visit Scam Brokers 2021 Page.